Web Content Viewer

Application Process

You can apply for an Exit Permit on the NS Portal.

Upon approval of your application, you will be given an electronic Exit Permit (eEP) number for reference. No hardcopy Exit Permit will be issued.

You should not apply for an Exit Permit more than 3 months in advance of your overseas travel.

At any time, you can only have 1 Exit Permit approved for your trip – there shall be no overlapping on the overseas period of your applications. You may be required to submit documentary proof to support your application.


If you have a scheduled Operationally Ready National Service (ORNS) activity during your planned overseas travel period, you have to obtain deferment or an approved excuse from your NS unit prior to your Exit Permit application. All applications for deferment from Operationally Ready NS training should be submitted through the 'Manage Call-Ups & Manning' eService on the NS Portal. Applications should be submitted at least 10 weeks before the scheduled ICT.

In the event that you are called up while already overseas, you do not need to apply for an Exit Permit. However, you must apply for deferment from your ICT.

NSmen on operational or mobilisation manning are required to seek permission from their units before travelling overseas for any duration. If you are placed on, but are unable to participate in operational or mobilisation manning, you are to seek approval to be excused from mobilisation. This can be done via the 'Manage Call-Ups & Manning' e-service on the NS Portal. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.