Web Content Viewer

Claim Process

Service Pay

You do not need to submit a claim for your Service Pay.


Make-Up Pay

Your Make-Up Pay claim can be submitted by yourself or your employer via:

  • Manage NSmen Payments on the NS Portal, or; 
  • Hardcopies of the Make-Up Pay claim form(s) to the NSmen Payments Centre (NPC)

However, the claim processes will depend if you are employed or self-employed. How your Service Pay is credited could change as well, depending on your claim process.

Providing false or misleading information in your Make-Up Pay claim is an offence. You can be fined up to $2,000, imprisoned for up to 12 months, or be subject to both penalties1.

1Under Section 11 of the Enlistment (Loss of Salary and Wages – Reimbursement) Regulations, 1978.


Make-Up Pay claim submission timeline

You should submit your Make-Up Pay claim at least 2 weeks before your ORNS activity begins.

Make-Up Pay claims must be submitted within 3 months from the payment of your Service Pay. Late submissions will not be accepted. If supporting documents are needed but not available at the point of submission, they can be submitted later.