You will not receive Service Pay under the following scenarios:
- You are attending a self-initiated medical review
- You are attending NS FIT beyond the 10th session or IPPT beyond the 3rd session in your annual IPPT Window
- You are a civil servant or statutory board employee; with the exception that your Operationally Ready National Service (ORNS) activity occurs entirely outside your normal working hours
You are on a 5-day work week, from 0800 hrs to 1730 hrs daily.
If you participated in In-Camp Training (ICT) for 10 days, inclusive of weekends, no Service Pay will be accorded.
But if you participated in a briefing outside normal working hours, i.e. from 1800 hrs to 2200 hrs, or have mobilisation on a weekend, Service Pay will be accorded.
You will not be able to claim Make-Up Pay for activities that are not entitled to Service Pay. In addition, the following scenarios are not eligible for Make-Up Pay claims:
- Your civilian working hours and ORNS activities do not overlap, e.g. you participate in a NS FIT session from 1800 hrs to 1915 hrs, but your working hours are from 0900 hrs to 1730 hrs
- Your ORNS activity falls within the period of no-pay leave that you applied from your workplace
- You are unemployed or a student