To recognise your contribution to NS, we want to celebrate the significant moments of your life with you. From 1st January 2016, NSmen who solemnise their marriage, welcome a newborn or adopt a child into their family will be eligible for Celebratory Gifts.
To qualify, you must meet all the following criteria at the time of marriage, birth of newborn or adoption:
- Attended at least 1 Operationally Ready National Service (ORNS) activity in the last 3 work-years
- Did not receive an ‘E’ grading for any In-Camp Training (ICT) in the last 3 work-years
- Have not been phased into MINDEF Reserve (MR)
- Have not committed civil or military offences
Eligible NSmen will be notified via SMS and in writing.
You will be given $100 worth of credits redeemable for vouchers when you solemnise your marriage or each time you welcome a new child into the family. Your gift will come with a congratulatory card signed by your unit commander or equivalent.
For local marriage and child birth, you do not need to apply for Celebratory Gifts. MINDEF will retrieve the marriage and child’s information from the relevant public agencies and process the gifts.
The exceptions are cases of adoption, marriages that have taken place overseas and not registered with ROM/ROMM, and overseas birth, where you are required to make an application. Please submit the completed application form to the admin branch of your NS unit.
Notification and redemption
You will receive the congratulatory card within 1 month from:
- The registration of your marriage,
- Updating your new child’s records with the relevant public agency, or
- The approval of your manual application. You will also receive an SMS notification to begin the redemption process
You are required to utilise your credits within 12 months of receiving the SMS notification.
If you did not receive the congratulatory card or SMS notification, you may call Uniq Rewards (MINDEF’s appointed vendor) at 6595 9372 or e-mail them at email@example.com for clarification, as well as queries regarding redemption or collection of gift packages.